Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Favorite Conversations

This morning at the bus-stop:

Grace: Mom, yesterday I was a good example to a bee.

Me: ??

Grace: Yep. I just sat still and showed him he didn't have to sting me. Then he went away.

Last night at dinner:

Grace: 'Eeney-meeney' isn't fair any more. It used to be far but now it's not.

Me: ??

Grace: Because look: [goes through 'eeney-meeny'], see it always ends up on the other person. It used to be fair but now it's not. With 'bubble-gum-bubble-gum' at least you can put two feet in. That's fair.

Me: okay.

3 comments:

Dorri said...

Grace cracks me up. The things that kids come up with.
Lately Miss Magoo wants to know what I ate when she was in my tummy. If we're eating pizza it's "mom did you eat pizza when I was in your tummy? Did I like it" Heck if I know if she liked it!

Dorri said...

miss magoo: mom instead of a pumpkin my plant popped out a watermelon!
me: no honey your pumpkin starts out green and turns orange.
mm: not this time mom, I think grandpa was confused when he planted my pumpkins, that are really watermelons???

Cass said...

That's why I like it when Grace plays with my kids. She's such a good example (to bees, to people, to the whole world!). I love this post. :)