Friday, February 15, 2008

My Reading Weekend

Don't hate me but I just have to share my excitement for this weekend. It's my second annual (semi-annual?) Reading Weekend. That's right, folks. All reading, all weekend. Justin takes care of everything else. Wahoo! It seriously doesn't get better than this.

I won't be answering the phone or door. You know I love you, but don't call or come over (I wish). I've put in my orders for food and gotten some Luna bars. I'm covered, yo. Justin and Grace have a daddy daughter date dance on Saturday so I don't even have to feel guilty about missed opportunities and all that. (I'm not even invited, so there.)

On the plate for Saturday and Sunday are: Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George and; A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I'm a little nervous that I won't have enough to read but Justin kindly reminded me that I've got Quicksilver going on as well. Phew! That should keep me busy.

I can't wait! No seriously, have I mentioned how freaking excited I am?!

4 comments:

Dorri said...

Can I say that I'm more that a little jealous of you.
Seriously how fabulous, a weekend for reading!!!!
How lovely that your husband gets your need to read. Dh sorta gets it, and tries to not interupt when I'm reading a really good book, but sometimes he forgets and starts talking and gets frustrated when I don't answer back. Hello, like I can hear anything at all when I'm involved with my book.
Have a great weekend, don't forget to put in your reviews when you are done. And I'm off to the library, I just got a reminder that I have 2 books waiting. Angry Housewives eating... and The Magicians' Nephew are both in, YEAH!

miss kitti said...

I'm so glad someone else goes completely deaf when reading. Justin and I both do it and yet we forget and have whole (albeit, one-sided) conversations before the other will look up and go, "Wha..? Did you say something?"

Oooh, I'm so excited for you to read Angry Housewives. I really enjoyed it. Let me know.

Maudie Jane said...

Soooooooooooo jealous, but then K is usually really good about giving me, me time. I have the glass castle for this weekend but it is a book club book so there is obligation attached to it so sometimes that gets me down. I just picked up some crash course German cd's that I am going to listen to while at the track. Think of it as eating all the veggies on your plate before you get to the good stuff. If I have to exercise then I might as well be doing homework to. I know totally off the subject, but I am just too envious to really comprehend a full weekend with no responsibility. However, Kitti, you totally deserve it and I am so glad that you get to have that time for yourself.

miss kitti said...

Okay, I got through two and a half books: Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow; A Great and Terrible Beauty; Rebel Angels (sequel to Beauty).

I LOVED Sun and Moon. Great story. You could read this to your kids without blushing.

I liked the Beauty books, with reservations. Way too much cattiness going on with the girls who are supposed to be friends. I hope it gets better or I may not finish the trilogy. We'll see. That's my only criticism for now.