Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Holiday For Lovers

Yep, you guessed it. Valentine's is just around the bend. Time to get started planning. We're T-87 days until the big event.

So. Ideas anyone? Big plans? I'm sure if we put our collective heads together we can share the wealth of ideas.

Let's everyone getting lovin' and then we can get back together and plan.

No, really, Justin outdoes me every year. I need to step it up this year (well, technically next year but, whatever).

More to follow.

**Edited to add: The truth is, J makes the bed for me nearly every evening because I can not sleep (no, not ever) in a messy bed. The sheets have to be perfectly aligned and I can't/don't want to do it myself.

Also, on bad days he puts my shoes and socks on and even hooks my unmentionables.

So, when it comes to V-Day, if no flowers or chocolates are forth coming...well, I'll take the day-to-day kindnesses any day and buy myself the damn flowers.

That said, J still puts on a good show, more V-Days than not. I'd like to out-do him some day.

4 comments:

Maudie Jane said...

This is how I feel about every holiday, K always out does me. That is why I had to start early this Xmas. I need time to plan and plot. Call me and we can talk V-day, and T-day.

richard dandelion said...

We hubbies have to outdo you in some respect, MK and MJ. Throw us a bone, will ya?

You raise the bar, and I guarantee I for one won't ...

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll work harder. Curses!

Speaking of which, I think that holidays such as this are perpetuated precisely because they give marriages and relationships a pressure valve. I can ride the goodwill for a long time of exerting myself one day a year as much as I should every day.

I should hold myself to a higher standard so that I don't have to do extravagant things in February. If I made MK feel as exquisitely cherished all year round as I did on Oregon's birthday (see #11), wouldn't I have more integrity?

I'd still enjoy lavishing even greater care on MK every Valentine's Day, but it'd be out of fun, not a sense of guilty necessity or a need for absolution.

(Same goes for Mother's Day, her birthday, and our anniversary.)

Sigh.

Christian said...

Holy Cow, you are the most advanced holiday planner ever. When did you start planning for Christmas--July 4th? I usually remember Valentine's Day on, er, February 14th...

miss kitti said...

Christian, I'm totally kidding about starting now. I'm so far behind on Christmas that we may actually be celebrating that on Feb 14th.

I think last year I declared it a non-holiday.