Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Harry Potter Party 3

Here at Casa Halverson we are reading book 3 of HP. When we finish we will be having a HP Viewing Party.

Our first HP Viewing Party included popcorn and blankets on the couch. Oh, how inexperienced we were.

The second HP Party included black wizarding robes, Hermione-accidentally-turned-cat-face-esque Ears, and again, popcorn. We had learned.

The third viewing approaches and, as yet, we have nary a plan. Help me out, folks. You know the book: think escaped prisoner, wild animals, time turners... what else? I don't know which direction our décor or costumes should take. What would you do?

Keep in mind, it will be The Gracetress who will don said costume or be in charge of the décor. She loves this stuff. J and I are merely the Procurers of Movies and Things. I just like to have a few ideas in my arsenal to throw out there when she brings it up.

Ideas, anyone?

8 comments:

Maudie Jane said...

You can get G a fake prison tattoo, no?

annie said...

oooh i like the fake tattoo idea!

or you can dress up as what your animal would be if you were an animagus or as the shape your patronus would take. or as buckbeak.

annie said...

ps, the third is still my favorite movie. enjoy!

Nicea said...

Miss Kitti, I'm so impressed with your Harry Potter parties as a family affair. What fun memories you're creating for little Miss G. And such a good way to reinforce her desire to read. It's so sad that I teach 7th, 8th and 9th graders who have never had a parent read to them or even read a book at all. It's not that they're bad parents; it's just that they never had the opportunity to go to school so never learned to read. As a result, so many of my students have absolutely no print whatsoever in their homes. Hard to imagine, isn't it?

Dorri said...

Yeah for cool parents. MJ and Annie had great ideas. We just finished listening to #2 in the car, PJ said that maybe next year he'll be ready to read the first one, he wants to do it himself.
Could you somehow involve a map of some kind, wear black scary robes and eat chocolate. that's all I've got.

richard dandelion said...

G already has way too many tattoos.

Time inside will do that to you.

miss kitti said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! You ladies are all brilliant. Love the tattoo idea. Love the dressing up as animals, love the map idea.

Thank you all so much. I feel so much more prepared for the party conversation, which is due to happen any minute now. I better hurry and call RD, as he's probably going to be the one fielding the suggestions from G. (He's home with her today on holiday.)

Nicea, I really can't imagine a home with no books. It just makes me sad.

Lola said...

Pj and I are on book number 2 and our book 1 party consisted of the same scenario. candy, fire, blankets.

I would have never thought to go any farther until i heard about your great ideas, rock on! can't wait to copy your #3