Friday, May 30, 2008

1001 Books

My friend K. (no, not me) sent me a list of 1001 books I need to read before I die. Folks, I've read 56 of them. Yeah, that's right: 56. Darn, that makes me sad. What have I been reading this whole time??!! None of it counted! How can this be??!!(slap -thank you, I needed that)

Okay. I loves me a good challenge. I read about someone else, recently, taking on a book a week challenge. I mostly do that anyway when I'm really into reading so I'm going to modify my challenge. One List book a month. It will take me YEARS but, I have until I die, right? And really, some of the books don't look that interesting to me and I may hate others once starting them. My rule will be: give everything at least one chance but I don't have to read anything I detest. Slightly boring, yes, hugely lame, no. For those I don't read I will substitute one of my own. (That way I will definitely read 1001 books of worth before I die)*

There are quite a few that didn't make the list that should have, imho. Some I have read, some I have not. Here are a few that I would have liked to see on the list (mostly because I want to read them or did already and thought they were good):
Animal Dreams
Night
Me Talk Pretty One Day (okay, maybe not, but it was hilarious to listen to an tape)

I'm drawing a blank. What would you all put on your list?

On another note; I made an awesome new dish. Super quick and easy and a great side. Also perfect for a picnic.

Mediterranean Curry Couscous with Dried Fruit and Nuts

1 pkg Far East brand Mediterranean Curry Couscous
(cook according to directions on pkg)

Allow couscous to cool. Add
chopped craisins
chopped dried apricots
chopped walnuts

Stir and refrigerate until chilled.

Eat and be so happy

Did I mention, this is my new favorite dish.

*That's supposed to be funny. Surely I've read 1001 books already. Right? I must have.

2 comments:

Erika said...

So many books, so little time! I've only read a few on that list, so you are WAY ahead of me! Some interesting titles there.

Sherry Carpet said...

you're ahead of me too, kitti. i wonder who compiled this list? a fan of philip roth, for sure. i think the russian authors are underrepresented (love 'em so) but there are tons of good ideas. i'm going to the lib'ary today so this is super-serendipidous.