Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Embarrassing Moments, take 1

In a quest to keep the lovelies (that's you, Gentle Reader) satisfied I offer this:

Most Embarrassing Moments EVER, from the life of Miss Kitti. (ps, don't judge me!)

**Disclaimer** The first story might not be for the easily grossed out or squirmy. Or men. You might not want to read this if you're a man. I'm just saying...

Also, at some point I will be using all caps to emphasize my distress. Get over it. :)

Last summer, in a fit of cleaning, I did all the laundry and started piling bags of stuff to throw away. I had Grace help me take out all the garbage. This amounted to several trips back and forth to the dumpster. On the final trip out, I happened to glance down and saw something white on the sidewalk, in front of my neighbors apartment. My mormon neighbors. (Remember that, it will be important.)

Hmm, that something white looked familiar. Yep. You know it. And, no less, someone was probably just finishing their "ladies monthly", as the used panty-liner so kindly pointed out. I picked up this white "something" and giggled a little, "Ooh, she's going to be so embarrassed that her g's are outside for anyone to see." (Oh yeah -can you just see the finger on the "smite" button? Because I can.)

Without further ado, I took them up to the door and, with much embarrassed laughter on both sides, gave them back. Imagine with me then, the feelings of HORROR when she came over a few minutes later to say that THEY WEREN'T HERS and could they possibly be mine????? There are no words.

Except maybe this one: SMITE.

The shame! I knew right then that we could never be friends again. Justin and I would have to move. I was going to have to change my name. Who does that?? Who doesn't check first to make sure the the underwear in question are not their own? Me. That's who. And that's all I have to say about that.

Moving right along.

BYU freshman year. Physical Science 100. Large amphitheater in the MARB (is it still called that? Large classroom building, then). Several hundred students, lights out, professor droning on about sound waves or something. I'm struggling to stay awake, as the squiggles on my paper show. Obviously I am trying to take notes, however, the language of the notes is indecipherable as I keep falling asleep mid-word.

Lights come back on just as I feel something wet on my hand -the one on the desk, not the one propping up my head. Looking down, there is a puddle of DROOL by my hand. I'm not even kidding. I feel asleep in class and DROOLED. And, given that my head was way above the desk, there's no way that no one noticed. I'm shuddering right now, just thinking about it. So, if you were there and saw the poor girl drooling all over the desk, thanks for not laughing out loud. She felt dumb enough as it was.

I'm ready for my smiting now.

And finally, for your reading pleasure:

My favorite dress in high school was a knee-length (of course) black dress with white polka-dots. One that I stole (or borrowed, I totally could have borrowed it) from Lorna. Super cute. I wore it to dances and to church. Although, technically, it probably wasn't a "day time" dress, I didn't know about such things as evening versus day-wear, so whatever.

Standing outside the front foyer, one fine windy Sunday afternoon, I felt a mighty breeze on my hinder. AND IGNORED IT. A minute or so later, my friend -let's call her JW- came running outside to tell me her DAD asked her to tell me about my "slip showing." Unfortunately for me, I was wearing a short slip with a wide "V", so as to make anything (panties, nylons) under it clearly visible. Very Smooth.

I would love to say I have awesome legs and was a little pleased to be showing them off. But that would be a blatant lie and so I shall only say -how embarrassing for me. And that it's amazing to actually be able to feel a blush forming. I'm sure I reached all new levels of red that day.

Smite.

8 comments:

Dorri said...

I'm so still laughing. Sorry, that was to funny. And I do remember that black dress with the white polka dots on it, you looked so cute in it.
Don't feel to bad about the g's. When my mil was getting married we were helping her and my soon to been step-fil move her stuff into their new home. Anyway as we are driving across town we noticed something white whip past our windshield and that the dresser in the back of soon to be step-fil's truck had an open drawer, and all of my mil's g's are drifting down the very busy street in Boise. We did stop but by then it was too late, alsmost all her g's were out of the drawer and they were on the other side of the street. By the time we got over there, they were gone. But we told my mil to look at the bright side, she was going to get all new g's.
And for my own embarrassing moments. In 5th grade Mr Pepper was retiring, and mom let me wear a church dress, shoes and my new white tights to school for the party. Anyway at recess I was spinning on the pathetic little heel of my shoe, my foot slipped out from under me and I went down. I landed on my back with my dress and slip up around my waist. My tights ended up with a hole in the knee and I was red in the face. I think that one of my friends tried to cover me, but it was to late, everyone saw my pick undies. There was a boy that I REALLY liked nearby who had seen it all. I was mortified. I think that by my 10th grade yr I could finally look him in the face again.

richard dandelion said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!

Erika said...

Oh my goodness! I would have just died over the g thing! Don't you just hate how those embarrassing moments make you feel? And unfortunately sometimes those feelings don't go away right away! And when you think about them later you just cringe and feel yucky inside. Oh the joys of life!

Maudie Jane said...

Kitti, oh the stories you weave, if only they were fiction, but hey that's what makes them so great. I really can't believe that the first one happened, I mean, wow, there really are no words.

Well I guess I can think of one, but don't hate me. Schaddenfreude!

I would tell you some of my stories but the only ones you don't know I have to take to the grave, The Grave I tell you.

I can totally see the second one since I have done that many a time in High School. It must be a gene that we Holmes have to attempt to suppress if we want to find mates. Hey you and I both found success there, droolers of the world unite.

Really thank you so much for sharing, today just got a lot cooler.

richard dandelion said...

You forgot the time we were watching French Kiss on like our second(?) "date" and you kept making the droopy finger sign without knowing what it meant.

Also: remember the time in the place with the thing? Too funny.

miss kitti said...

I can't believe you're telling on me. My secrets!! No really, it was embarrassing but oh so funny - now that I know what I was saying.

Meg said...

Kitti, you are by far one of the funniest people I know! Love the stories! Honestly, I would have probably wanted to move and change my name as well. Too funny!

Meg said...

What is the droopy finger sign? Oh, and I LOVE French Kiss!