Tuesday, July 01, 2008

In Which Lucy Has Some 'Splaining To Do

It turns out I've not been following blogging etiquette. Please excuse the rudeness. Just to be clear, there are a lot of blogs that I love checking regularly to see how things are going. I haven't listed them all, before now, because I didn't realize I was supposed to.

So. I've tried to include everyone I read regularly on my side-bar. Apologies to other Holmes' who may not know many of them. Let me know and I can show you how to do your own list.

Now, I may have unintentionally left some off, for that I am so sorry. Let me know and I can fix it. I really am nice, usually. I promise.

There is a list, at the bottom, that I feel may need a disclaimer. However, when I tried to put it in the title there wasn't room for it. The list 'not for the faint of heart' is a list of blogs I have been reading for nigh unto four or five years. They are a group of brave, strong and, witty women who come from a variety of backgrounds. I'm not encouraging anyone to read or not read them. I would like to have them there for my own convenience. By way of introduction, I will summarize them by grouping.

I found feminist mormon housewives after feeling estranged from some of the people in my ward (not say they aren't all lovely people, just differently minded than I). I found this woman's blog (there was only one at the time, it has since grown in number of contributers) who, like me loves the church and the gospel but is a skosh more liberal and feminist in her thinking than a lot of the women around her. There are often great topics and ideas. I don't agree with everything but I do find myself nodding my head as I read from time to time. So, read or don't read but I heart 'fmhLisa'. Also, beware her 'poop chronicles', what?! she has little kids.

There is another group of women that I also love. A few of them originally called themselves the "vagina posse". These women were/are living with infertility and were articulate, brutally honest and so funny you'll snort your beverage out your nose. Pain, triumph, colorful lives, colorful language, beautiful women and writing. I'm not infertile but I have miscarried and had many disappointments. I have been, sometimes still am, very sad about it. These women gave me something else to think about and many things to laugh at/with. I found them when I needed it and have stayed to see how they're lives have turned out.

The rest are an assortment of LDS and not, bloggers that I enjoy reading. And, finally: Obama. I shall be voting for him come Fall and now you all know it. You have until then to give me any differing views and we can all try to convince each other to vote how we want. All I'm saying is, read or don't but no judging.

4 comments:

Dorri said...

here's a funny blog that I found a while ago and I think that I read it straight through, couldn't stop reading and laughing. http://itsababynotbrainsurgery.blogspot.com/
And of course there is Miss Tracy, gotta love her stuff, http://dandelionmama.wordpress.com/
And then there is CJane, http://blog.cjanerun.com/
again, just really like her writing.
Not saying that you have to link these sites, just passing them along just in case you don't have enough blogs to keep tabs on.
(Sorry I don't know how to do that link thingy)

Jamie said...

I feel so privileged to have made your 'blogs I read regularly' list. Maybe on my day off this week I'll meander on over to some of the ladies' blogs you wrote about. My interest is definitely piqued now!

miss kitti said...

Oh Moddy! I checked out itsababy... So funny and shocking. Great addition.

miss kitti said...

Jamie- this is such a fun way to keep up on how everyone is doing and get to know how cool my extended family is. (Not that I'm surprised. Justin did tell me he has a great family.)