Friday, July 11, 2008

The Amazing Gracestress



And now for the lovely and talented Ceri Grace. She loves a pretty dress (Sunday's only). She has made a very astute observation regarding children's clothing versus adult clothing. Clothes for children are mostly "cute" whereas clothing for women is "beautiful" (her words). She really wants to wear beautiful clothing.

Several times now she has asked that I keep something of mine so that she can have it when she gets older. Mostly I say "yes". I don't really want to get into the whole hopefully you'll never be my size or styles will most likely be different or the very real possibility that she will be way taller than me. Technicalities. For now, I'll just be flattered; we'll deal with reality when it hits.


Here's my sweetie in a horse barn. Pleased as can be to be in a stall. She loves an opportunity to be near animals and loves picture opportunities almost as much. So cute.

And she's wearing her favorite skort. Evah. She's loves this and keeps asking for more. My dilemma is; if I get her more she won't wear the clothes she already has and it seems wasteful. Naturally, I want her to have everything but this time I think my practical side will win out.





First horse ride. It certainly didn't happen soon enough for her but apparently well worth the wait. I'm so proud of her for getting on the horse. She was a little nervous but did it anyway and loved it. Anywho, she's a natural rider, no? Now she wants riding lesson. Perhaps some day (my standard answer to "Can I ___?)




Aaand badminton. We're working on it. The great thing about Grace is her enthusiasm for playing anything. Her favorite is still baseball and that we really don't play enough.





So that was our 4th this year. BBQ, horses and badminton. There were also puppies but I didn't get the camera out in time. Oh and fireworks.

5 comments:

Darin said...

Ceri Grace definately looks beautiful in her red dress. What a fun 4th of July, where did you guys find horses and badminton?

Maudie Jane said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th. Grace is so cute, I love how happy she is, she always has a smile. I can't wait to see her next month!

Erika said...

I loved the pictures! Grace sounds like such a good girl. My kids have always wanted to ride a horse, but haven't yet. Perhaps someday! Ü

miss kitti said...

Darin, we went to the Markell's. They're in the second ward and invited everyone from both wards for a BBQ. So nice of them.

Jana Brookes said...

so cute. she is beautiful. i can't believe how fast they grow up. i can't believe she is turning 8 in a few weeks. time just flies by when you are having fun.
speaking of having fun, did you have fun with the aunties there?! i'm jealous. i wish i had all three aunties to come visit me!