Monday, March 17, 2008

Strange Mood

Hello ladies, thanks for the invite. It has been a strange few months as we have no idea what direction we will be going. Job hunts are mind numbing as we try to project ourselves into each position and then when that job doesn't happen we either mourn the loss of something we never had or sigh with relief that we don't have to live somewhere undesirable. We know that something, the right something will open up, but knowing that the old job ends at the end of April, it is hard not to FREAK OUT!!!! Limbo is not a pleasant state of being. My handsome man has a second interview here in lovely Tucson on Thursday, which would allow us to stay put and we are both ready after 6 months of looking to have one surety in our life.

The other strangeness in my life happened when I got this rush of nostalgia and need to reconnect with all my college freshmen friends. The first search I did, I fond out that one of my good guy friends had passed away in his sleep in 2001. WHOA. It is so strange to mourn someone who died 7 years ago. I started a blog about him so that myself and other college friends would have a forum to post stories & memories.
http://jongemmilltribute.blogspot.com
After finding out that I had this overwhelming urge to reconnect with everyone that I cared about, almost in fear that I may have lost my chance as with Jon. Freshman year was such a formative time in my life. It is so strange that so many people that I felt so close to that I completely lost track of them. I guess values shift and the things that brought you together, i.e. the dorm, are no longer present. I have been able to reconnect with about 4 or so friends and it is wonderful to see their spouses and children. I wonder, is there enough of a bond to get back together again for a reunion or would it just feel forced since our common bonds are now gone.

3 comments:

Maudie Jane said...

Welcome to the show Tracy! I am sorry about all the troubles, we have been sending all kinds of good thoughts and prayers your way.

miss kitti said...

Welcome Tracy! I so understand the limbo and all the unsettling feelings that accompany it. Ugh. I'm sorry you're going through that right now. I hope it ends for you soon (I, of course, assume it will be to great ends).

I'm so sorry for your loss. That would be such a shock. I'm glad you were able to make some other connections. I often wonder what my old roomies are up to but have yet to make the plunge and find out.

P.S., I enjoyed the "chronicles".

Dorri said...

Hey Tracy, great to hear from you. I can also understand the whole limbo state of mind. Been there done that, know that it will happen again. This move has been one of the harder moves, because we know, or atleast have a pretty good idea that this isn't permanent (because if it is I'm really going to have a serious meltdown!).
That's cool that you were able to reconnect with some of your former roommates/college friends. Sorry that you found sad news also. I have a few roommates/friends that I have sorta stayed in contact with. Though I have one roommate from my first semester that while I want to look her up, I'm also scared to. She has had a lot of serious health problems and I'm afraid of what I may hear if I do find her or her family. I have tried to send her Christmas cards in the past couple of years and while I never had them sent back she also didn't send a reply which was something she had always done in the past. I know that I need to get over my fear and just try and make the contact because she was a dear friend.