Thursday, August 20, 2009

Best Day Evah

The Gracetress with birthday cake (courtesy of JL -you rock, btw):


Unfortunately, there was an "incident" involving fire and the umbrella.
I think the princesses may have had a little too much fun.


Her birthday this year was an act in two parts:
Act I: dinner at "The Salad Restaurant" (also known for their steaks, maybe you're heard of it? Outback, anyone?) because The Girl wanted a "house salad, no onions, no tomatoes, with ranch please". I love a girl who knows what she wants.

We were so excited to have a favorite duo G&G Halverson (one in person and one by skype) with us this year. Yay! Thanks for being here.
(I'll post pictures from Act I as soon as I find my cable.)

Act II: a meeting of friends at the pool for cake. This year The Gracetress got to share the birthday love with a favorite little friend, who also has an August birthday. A good time was had by all.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Kitti, YOU"RE BACK! I've missed your posts....but so loved the birthday skyping. Technology certainly helps in filling in the distance gaps.

lauren and krista said...

you have been missed, tremendously. what a great cake!

Nicea said...

'Twas such a treat to see your post. HB to Miss Grace. The cake and salad sound so good, I think I'll go home from school now and have a little dinner.

Erika said...

Good to see you're still alive and well. Awesome cake.

Meg said...

I, too, have been wondering where you have been! I need a new book to read. Any ideas?
Was the cake fondent?

Unknown said...

We are glad that Grace had such a wonderful birthday. It is mighty fine to be nine!

annie said...

yay an update!

missed you. :)

miss kitti said...

Still alive, yay! Hello, Lovelies.

Meg, yes fondant. Funfetti on the inside.

Books...hmmmmm. J just got me "Straight Man" to read. Very funny so far. Tasha Alexander's "A Poisoned Season" is a fun book (thank you, Erika) and there's two others in the series.

B and BO said...

Fiery episodes always make for a memorable birthday! =D