Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Bid'ness

Once again I have nothing to say. Here's is some of May and most of June in pictures:

Grace and I went to Gettysburg for a school field trip. The house has a little tiny speck in the upper left-hand corner. Apparently, it's an unexploded mortar from the Civil War.
Dude.



Then I saw the biggest worm in my entire life. It was really dark so I was just guessing on where to point the camera and I tried to put my shoe next to it but believe me... it was HUGE. Longer than my foot!

Then J taught The Gracetress to ride her bike (in all of ten minutes, she was ready,what can I say?):
Pre-bike: Post-bike:

Then I spent every spare minute crocheting an afghan (sp?) for a friend's wedding gift:


Then J built a Star Wars Drone to fight off the bad pirates:


And he made green salsa in the molcajete (because he's awesome like that):


And I went to a friends wedding:



Finally, The Gracetress being her lovable, darling self:


9 comments:

Maudie Jane said...

Your blanket is beautiful, I love it, you are so amazing!!! Love all the pics too, you guys are always up to cool stuff.

Erika said...

How cool to live by historical sites like that! I too love your afghan. Is it hard to do that? Oh, and that green salsa looks awesome. I've always wanted a mortar/pestle thingy-ma-jig. I'd love the recipe!!

Jaime Escalante said...

Holy sweet afghan! You are one mean bike-riding, blanket-crocheting, salsa-making family. That's awesome.

Lola said...

i love. and i miss. and i love some more.

Nicea said...

Wasn't Gettysburg just so interesting?! When I'm in historical places that I've read so much about, I always end up imagining myself there when the history was in the making. It's sobering. Ordinary people like us living through extraordinary times. It's haunting to touch the same walls, walk the same paths, with only time separating us from them.

Yay for Grace's new-found biker skills, J's retreat to the stone age, and your amazing expertise in afghan making.

Domestic tranquility and love to you all. May no bad pirates ever threaten your abode.

Lola said...

these posts are fun-O. you make me laugh and laugh and, as always, make me want to be more like you.

Natalie said...

Ditto Lola Kitti! AND, thanks for sharing J this week. Not only has he been indispensable, in getting ready for the eastern trek,he has been tons of fun to hang out with while we worked him to the bone. No wonder you married this guy!!

Sherry Carpet said...

oh, that last comment by lola was actually sherry c.

miss kitti said...

Hey All, I hope everyone's Fourth was awesome. Thanks for all the love.