Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Going Away

Our first trip ever without Grace. She can't wait for her first sleep-over at a friend's house without us. Her friends are way more fun than Justin and I. (If you're thinking of disagreeing, don't. Our friends are activity-driven people. They are FUN. Justin and I are sit and read or sit and visit people. Nice activities all, however, when you're seven-going-on-eight; activities are the order of the day.)

Yes. So. On June the 23rd, Justin and I will have been married for ten years. Wahoo! A great ten years it has been. Full of good times, great oldies. I'm not feeling sentimental yet -I have a few days, after all. I'll do a recap of the highlights next week. Suffice it to say, I love Justin, he loves me, we love Grace and so you see: we are a happy fam-i-ly (apologies to anyone who doesn't remember that Primary song).

Think positive thoughts that no major storms hit the north-eastern U.S. side of the Atlantic. And no rain would be nice too.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Erika said...

Ok, so you have to tell us where you're going. I've always wanted to visit the east coast-I can't wait to hear about your trip! Congrats on the 10 years!!

Sherry Carpet said...

where, where??

Nicea said...

How far do you three live from Philadelphia? I suppose I could look on a map, but that wouldn't be as much fun. And yes! Where are you going on your out-of-towner?

annie said...

maybe they aren't telling us cause they know we will show up and pretend it's a coincidence.

Dorri said...

I know where they are going, I didn't realize it was a secret. I'll sell it to the highest bidder!
I'm slightly jealous of their trip, I think that I got dinner for my 10th, maybe our 15th will be as fun as their 10th.

Nicea said...

Okay, what's the highest bid so far? Or are they back already, in which case I can save some money?

Maudie Jane said...

It posts.? The people have a right to know what you are up to.